20 April 2010

Watch out, Italy...

...Ink is going to rock your world!

Or you're going to rock hers. This is more likely. /nodnod

Mum and Sistra and I are going to Italy this summer! I promise I'll take a million pictures. We are going to Rome, Florence, and Venice... and I think we are staying one night in Milan, but I don't know whether or not we'll have time to do tourist-y things.

I can't wait!! ^_^ Mum says she's going to try to get a general audience with the Pope... I'm praying that we'll get in.

6 comments:

ben said...

Ink, you can arrange to get tickets for the general audience ahead of time. If your family needs the details on how to do this I can fill you in.

Mike Shea said...

Fantastic!

I've yet to make it to Rome but my wife "popped over" a few years back to spend Thanksgiving with a niece who was studying there. The first words out of her mouth upon her return were, "You've just got to see the Sistine Chapel."

In the choir loft said...

Ink - After you visit the Sistine Chapel, there is a "short way" out of it. As you go into the chapel, keep the furthest right hand corner in the back of the chapel in mind. Open the door, go down the flights of stairs and you're outside. If you don't exit this way, you'll have to backtrack a long ways to get outside. You're outside in a few minutes as opposed to 15 or more minutes the other way.

Ink said...

Choir loft--Thanks, I'll be sure to write that down so I remember it!

Mike--I can't wait to see it. Talk about experiencing history...

ben--Mum is actually taking care of everything, and she says we've got tickets! ^_^ I'm so excited.

In the choir loft said...

If you can do it, go on the Scavi Tour.

Anonymous said...

I'd LOVE to go on the Scavi Tour, but the Vatican website states, "Only those who are 15 years or (sic) age or older are permitted to make the visit. No exceptions whatsoever can be made."

When we go to Rome, Sistra will be six weeks short of 15... :-/

At least we'll get to see the Pope!

Ink's Mum