16 October 2010

Rosaries on Parade

I don't think October could make itself my favourite month any more than it already has. Halloween, the birthday of one of my pseudo-brothers, and the month of the Rosary. Hurrah!

Pictured below are two of my almost-dozen rosaries. I have full plans to expand my collection. These two were both made for me by my mum. The one on the left, the blue-with-daisies and clear, is my travel one. None of its beads are precious stones and all the findings are pewter. It lives in my purse, and I brought it to Italy. It was blessed by the pastor at Our Mother of Sorrows. The one on the right (which is in desperate need of polishing, again) was my Christmas present a couple years ago. It is sterling silver and Swarovski crystal (colour: Tanzanite AB, for any beaders) and lives on my bedpost. It was blessed by a priest at my previous parish, some number of miles away. The aforementioned previous parish was Jesuit, though, so I don't know where the priest is stationed now.

(Click on the image to enlarge it.)
All readers: you are henceforth tagged. Post your rosaries on your blogs!
Thank you to The Crescat for this idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you put in the same phrase : "Hallowen " and Rosaries...and say that this are the reasons why you love October...From what I know, Rosaries are a catholic symbol..and what is Hallowen?! Is not a Devil celebration? Think more about this and if you are a truly Christian, revise your thoughts and ideas

Ink said...

Rosaries are Catholic, yes. And Halloween is alternatively spelled Hallowe'en, which is a contraction of All Hallow's Eve. Halloween is the vigil for All Saint's Day (or All Hallow's Day, many years ago). I am not a generic Christian--I am Catholic. Catholics celebrate Halloween. We like celebrating things.